Sdias London Uses Soy Wax
Soy wax is 100% natural and renewable, making them a safe and sustainable option; soy wax is formed from full hydrogenation of soybean oil. The natural material is renewable and biodegradable. Soy wax also allows for a long-lasting and clean burn.
How To Burn Your Sdias London Candle
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from any draughts while burning; ensure the wax melts across the entire surface up to the sides of vessel as this will prevent tunnelling. This also controls the size of the flame allowing you to get the most time out of your candle”.
- Burn regular-sized candles for 2 – 3 hours at a time, to avoid the candle to ‘tunnel’,
- Do not burn for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move, or slant.
- Ensure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, to avoid any overheating and cracking of the vessel.
How To Care For Candle Wicks
- Ensure to trim the wick every 3-4 hours of burn time, to prevent high flames, smoking, or sooting.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Do not extinguish a while the wick is still lit.
- Ensure to only extinguish the flame with a snuffer, reposition and centre the wick, ensure the wick isn’t slant while burning. If the flaming wick comes close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking an overheating.
How To Store Your Candle
- Store your candles in a cool dry place and cover it with our beautiful glass dome to protect the soy wax from dust, and to prevent any issues while burning. Ideally, this means room temperature or lower, while candle not in use.
- Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a table lamps or spotlights.
How To Use & Care For Your Sdias London Wax Melts
- To use our wax melts, ensure to purchase our brass wax burner.
- Remove the wax melt from any packaging and place in the top of a dry burner.
- Place your wax melt burner in well-ventilated room, away from any draughts while burning.
- Do not melt the wax if the melting bowl contains less than 1/2″ or 1cm of wax, either add another melt or discard the wax.
- Do not add water to your burner.
- Do not leave your burner on for long periods of time; burn time is 2- 3 hours.
- Do not place burner on/near flammable items.
- Ensure wax melts are stored in a cool and dry place, while not in use. Use the original sealed packaging to preserve their scent.
- When your burner isn’t in use, ensure to extinguish the tea light candle with a snuffer.